Sep 30, 2009

Nicholas Kopernicus


I was chatting to a friend about music last night. About music that catches your attention from the first time you hear it, and how rare it is... So today, listening to Laidback Radio I hear Nicholas Kopernicus. Straight off I wanted to hear more.

Nicholas Kopernicus are Jason Minnis and Seon Gomez. I wasnt sure what to expect from the album The Album "Audicentric". I had heard the first track and second. I had a long walk ahead of me tonight so I put on "Audiocentric" and listened from the start to finish... and back to the start again. This album is a journey through many different genres that keeps you hooked in. The worry for an album that goes through many genres, I think is that the album as a whole the album doesnt fit together but is not true of this album. I would recommend listening to this album as a whole. The common factor throughout the album is great music, the beats, the instrumetals on the album are consuming.

The song here is Grand Central(ft.Sixteenstone). Diping back into the album now, Im loving the flute and guitar on Candle Dreams [I had to post it aswell]. Im talking about every song on the album so far and that wasnt my intention, but Brisa... It put a smile on my face. Remindeds me of happy sunny days. And then the album flows into a funky hiphop song Spittin' Blues. And just to show the diversity theres a Reggae song Natural High. If a camera had followed me home, it would have shown me speeding up and slowing down and grooving away as I walked home.

I am really enjoying this album and I have a feeling it will be my go to album for the next while.


Grand Central(ft.Sixteenstone) by nkopernicus



Candle Dreams by nkopernicus


Facebook
Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment