Sep 28, 2009

Blood is thicker than water... and an introduction to Online Radio

I heard this last night listening to "Songs of praise" Cubkimusik's radio show on Space Invader Radio. Internet Radio is a new thing to me but I have to say Cubkimusik's "Songs of Praise" and Orsii's "Little Miss Sunshine" Laid Back radio show have opened my eyes to the great music shows available on the internet.

I love the concept behind the on-line radio show.

I love that I can find a show that plays the type of music I like. Normally listening to FM radio, I hear a song I like maybe at best every half an hour, possibly every hour and very rarely will I be introduced to any new music.

The above two shows have already created a list in my head of new music, I have to buy. When does this happen when you listen to three hours of normal radio [with the exception of a couple of DJs].

The fact that if I miss the regular broadcast on the net I can download and listen at my leisure is fantastic, this weekend I spent an evening doing some work I had to get done but I had left my I-pod in town, and having no music would have made an already painful task worse and internet radio came to my rescue.

The lack of advertising during the show is fantastic, its just pure music with a few interludes to introduce tracks or place them in context.

If you find an internet radio show you like, stick with it. It will be a great show for as long as it is made.

Tell me about your favourite shows, what you hate or love about Radio be it on-line or regular radio!!


No comments:

Post a Comment